You probably already know what the #1 question for both visitors and locals is right now in the Tahoe area. “Is there any snow in Lake Tahoe?” “Is there anything to do in South Lake Tahoe without snow?”
Although snow is in the forecast, so far, this winter season has brought little snowfall to the South Shore, especially compared to last winter’s “Snowmageddon”. Fortunately, Lake Tahoe has a variety of events and activities that don’t require a ski pass in order to enjoy a day (or night) full of adventure. Whether you prefer a day of shopping or a helicopter ride around the lake, you are bound to find something to do while visiting South Lake Tahoe!
Not so keen on the Tahoe snow-packed winter adventures? Fear not! The Buckingham Team is here to ensure your Tahoe getaway starts off on the right track! With all the activities and adventures, a last-minute road trip or weekend getaway is not out of the ordinary, especially in South Lake Tahoe- and the activities listed below require no snow!
- Stay warm, grab your cash and head downtown to one of Lake Tahoe’s famous casinos located at the Stateline. Dance the night away at Opal Ultra Lounge or, for the kids, check out the arcade center around the corner at Harvey’s Family Fun Center!
- Get ready for South Shore shopping! The Heavenly Village has several stores for all your shopping desires. Click here to view the wide variety of shops, restaurants and other local favorites located in Heavenly Village!
- After wrapping up a day of shopping at Heavenly Village, head on over to The Loft Theatre and experience Magic Fusion, starring award winning magicians from around the world.
4. Take an unforgettable scenic cruise on Lake Tahoe, daytime or sunset! Zephry Cove Resort & Marina offers both day cruises and dinner cruises on the award- winning M.S. Dixie II.
- Winter or summer, experience the true beauty of Tahoe on Heavenly’ s 20-minute, epic Gondola ride. Be sure to hop off mid-way and see the breath-taking panoramic views of Lake Tahoe!
- Gather your group and make your way over Shoreline of Tahoe for all your biking needs and rentals- enjoy the Lam Watah Nature Trail to Nevada Beach. Yes, the biking trails are still open!
Whether you plan to visit Tahoe for a few days or a few months, one thing is certain- the adventure and relaxation is never ending in South Lake Tahoe. For more information on short term or long-term rentals, please contact Buckingham Luxury Vacation Rentals– AND be sure to ask if you qualify for any discounts on your next trip to Tahoe!