I know what you are thinking: “My vacation rental is SO AMAZING, we don’t even need to leave the house!” You are so right Overly Ecstatic Guest! On a rare occasion, you may want to leave your cozy cabin and venture outside to enjoy all that South Lake Tahoe has to offer.
But what happens if your family trip turns into a waterlogged weekend?
Do not fear, as we have 10 helpful ideas for indoor activities in South Lake Tahoe!
- Grab your Pennies and Head to the Casinos! – If you don’t want to play the slots, there is plenty of food, arcades and entertainment to keep everyone occupied for an afternoon. We recommend checking out Mont Bleu’s indoor pool and hot tub.
- Hit Up the Visitor’s Center – Did you know South Lake Tahoe has 2 Visitor Centers?! Tahoe is a Top Travel Destination, and these helpers know all there is to do!
- Lace up your Bowling Shoes – Tahoe Bowl is not just a bowling alley. They have an in-house pizza parlor, pool tables, arcade games and more!
- Shopping at the Heavenly Village – You may not avoid the weather completely, but think of the shopping!
- Take your Tots to the Tot Spot – Leave those kids with Grandma and head over to Body Essentials for a couples massage!
- Grab your popcorn and head to the Heavenly Cinemas featuring new releases weekly.
- Sign up for a Lake Tahoe Cruise – Romantic dinner cruise or crazy cruise with the kids (dont worry, they get discount tickets!).
- Head back in time to Virginia City – Catch the Virginia City Ghost Tours and you’ve hit a gold mine!
- Take a scenic Gondola ride in this covered trip for 8! The sights might not be as clear as usual, but after the 20 minute ride up, you’ll be ready for a hot chocolate at the Tamarack Lodge! Be on the look out for the singing Heavenly employees during the holidays. Plus, kids 4 and under are FREE!
- BONUS POINT: Bundle your tootsies and brave that mountain! Only the “die hard” will be on the hill, so you’ll have the mountain to yourself and have a story of bravery at the bottom.