Centrally located in the heart of South Lake Tahoe is the Bijou Community Park, a great place to enjoy outdoor activities during the spring, summer and fall. Some of the amenities are:
– One of the top disc golf courses in the country (and it’s free!)
– Two covered gazebos with barbeque pits. Both are available for rental with rates starting at $170.00.
– Skateboard park
– 2 Sandy volleyball courts
– Fitness course
– Concession facility (during the warmer months)
– Basketball court
– Open meadow; great for walking, biking or just relaxing
– Historic railroad exhibit
– A fenced dog park with a separate area for large and small dogs, it is open to the public
During the spring and autumn seasons, you will find the park a lot less crowded, especially on weekdays. During the summer months, there are generally more people on any given day of the week (and extremely packed on the weekends). To beat some of the crowds, you can enjoy late afternoon to early evening activities in the park with the longer days. The entrance is located on Al Tahoe Boulevard near Johnson Boulevard. There is ample parking.
Here are more ideas for Lake Tahoe activities in the fall
More information about South Lake Tahoe vacation rentals